Friday, June 14, 2013

Inevitable Wanderer

I never knew where I was headed next
and so they said,
I was a wanderer
with aimless movements
and a journey with no destination
and so in search of an ambition
I explored book bindings lining my shelf
lost myself in the words on every page
plunged into the abyss of fiction
traveled someone else's journey.
I searched religious structures
where people find spiritual refuge
discovered safety in faith
constructed fortresses from miracles.
Divinity became my sanctuary.
I stitched my journey together
with all these books
and numbing naps
pictures of trapped memories
and desperate prayers
until I realized
that while lost in thought, in words, in hope
I was starting to understand
something much greater
than the smaller decisions of every day
I am the inevitable wanderer
and  it is in being lost
that I have found myself

No comments:

Post a Comment